|Joseph Carmouche and his family moved from Pointe Coupee to Avoyelles
around 1785. He and Marie had nine children.
- Julie Carmouche born June 25, 1766 married at age 30 Marc
Eliche on May 4, 1796. Marc Eliche was an Italian, born in Venice. He
was the son of Antoine Eliche and Marie Bondiniche. Marc
Eliche is credited as being the founder of the town of Marksville.
- Anne Carmouche born March 15, 1769 married Antoine Lacheney
on January 15, 1793, a native of Canada, son of Jacques Lacheney and Catherine
- Isabelle Carmouche born August 31, 1771.
- Joseph Carmouche born January 17, 1774. Died October
- Clement (Layment) Carmouche born September 22, 1775,
married Victoire Guillot born 1778. Victoire was the daughter of Joseph Guillot and
Francoise Dardenne. Clement was the only surviving son of Joseph Carmouche and Marie
Magdeleine Ducote. It is because of Clement that the name
Carmouche survived in Avoyelles.
- Suzanne Carmouche born November 11, 1779 married Louis
- Flores Carmouche born March 28, 1782.
- Rosalie Carmouche born April 26, 1784.
- Elizabeth Carmouche born January 17, 1788 married at 15,
Alexandre Guillot on January 11, 1803. Alexandre was the son of Joseph Guillot and
Note: Clement Carmouche married Victoire Guillot and Elizabeth
Carmouche married Alexandre Guillot both from the Joseph Guillot and Francoise Dardeene